Friday, July 27, 2012

Zane's Grandpa's Funeral

Grandpa Hanzon, Zane's dad's dad, passed away at his home in Cedar City on July 2010. He was an amazing man, and I absolutely loved him! He really liked me too, in fact when we said goodbye on the trip I had just met him, (Zane and I had been dating for only two months) he told me that he hoped to see me again, and he invited me to go visit them :). Even though he had had some health issues with his back, and he was 90, it was not totally expected, and it was VERY sad. Zane was very sad during the funeral (which was held six days before Avery was born), and we talked about all of the special memories that he had of him on our way there. The funeral was wonderful, everybody did a great job. Zane gave a beautiful talk, and the grandkids (including the adopted ones like me) sang a hymn. At the cemetery, there was an amazing military service. We were so impressed by the way it was carried out. I am very glad I was able to get to know him and have long conversations with him about his life. We always tried and try to go visit them (now grandma Hanzon), and that is something I admire so much of my Zane, how visiting his family and keeping in close touch is so important to him. I learned so many funny and interesting things from grandpa Hanzon. He will be missed SO much!

No comments: