Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hanzon Autumness Part 3 The Making of the Gingerbread Houses

This was the first time ever that I, Nany, made a gingerbread house. I had no idea how much fun this would be! If you have never done it, I highly recommend it for this year! (by the way, I just noticed that there is a spell check in this thing...this will make things a lot easier!). However, you do need the initial help of the experts a.k.a. Fails, Provo Hanzons, and J&D.


We went to the Fails home for the Gingerbread House party along with Jimmy and his then girlfriend, Dawn, who stayed with us for a weekend, (now they are engaged in case you were wondering :) It was fun to visit with J & D and to go the MoTab Fall Concert with them. They make a very cute couple!
Kirsten did an amazing job at baking the house parts (which again, I had no idea you could do, since I had only seen kits at the grocery stores). I was SO impressed by Zane's craftsmanship! He really did an incredible job with our shingles, and I was assured that if we are every in need of a Wheat Thins roof, they will be top notch!

To be completely honest, I cannot remember who we gave the 1st place to...Kirsten and Haley remind me!!! Or....you could just judge for yourself! Behold our finished product:






Ps: Jimmy and Dawn had to go back to Vegas, they got the "merit" award.