Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Malzl's Visit! Oh...and our sink fell out of the wall...





























The Malzl's came to visit us!!! It was a lot of fun to visit with Laly, Christoph, Mattias, Melanie, Kiana and Danielito. For those of you who don't know, Laly is my dad's youngest sister, Christoph is her husband from Austria whom she met while she was going to school at BYU-Hawaii and M, M, K and D are their kids.

I cooked pastel de papa for them, (in my efforts to impress them since Laly is such a great cook), chatted, and then went to Memorial Grove park.

So about ten minutes before they arrived Zane was wipping off the sink in the bathroom as I was in the kitchen when I heard this LOUD LOUD noise, as if a building collapsed inside our apartment or something....I ran at full speed to the bathroom and saw Zane standing, speechless, with a shocked look on his face. Our bathroom sink was completely on the floor...broken. It just fell out of our wall. Well, we do live in a place that was built in like 1904 or something, but to have your sink fall out of your wall is quite the experience. Poor Zane was so traumatized by the event that the very first thing he said the next morning as he woke up was: Nany, our sink fell out of the wall.

6 comments:

eddie said...

Oh the covey and its charm

Nadia said...

Oh my gosh, that's the craziest thing I've heard today!

Nicole S said...

I've never heard of someone's sink falling out of the wall. Hope they got it fixed soon. Bytheway, may I have your current address? It's for the Christmas cards. You can email it to me: lachilena.king@gmail.com
Gracias amiga. Que estes super.

Unknown said...

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!! the sink story was hilarious!!! hahhaa...i bet it sucks but look at the good side at least you have a kitchen to cook on...can't say i have the same luck :P gracias por el link!

Liza said...

hahahahah, esos chascarros son los que van a recordar siempre y contarles a sus hijos y se van a morir de la risa.

:D

Bayles Clan said...

oh man-that is classic-i hope they came right over and fixed it. i seriously laughed out loud when i read this.