Thursday, August 7, 2008

More 4th of July FUN!



So after our fun day backpacking in American Fork Canyon we began brainstorming about our possible activities to celebrate the 4th. We soon realized that this weekend would be perfect to do what we had wanted to do for a long time: Go to Las Vegas!
Zane called Jimmy and a few calls later we were unpacking from our backpacking trip, showering....and packing again for Vegas!! (I felt kind of bad for my "neglected" bathroom, but that has been taken care of since;) ).
There we visited JIMMY in his new house! That is a picture of Zane and Jimmy in front of Jimmy's house. It is such a nice place! Nice job Jimmy! That night we went with some of Jimmy's friends to watch the fireworks and visit. It was a lot of fun! Except for I could hardly stay awake because of the trip, how hot Vegas was, it was way past my bedtime (I work at 6:30am)...and probably because the night before I "stayed alert" all night in case a bear would come close. It was still a lot of fun!
The next day we went to Jimmy's parents house and enjoyed a relaxed morning at the pool where I got a tan, read Harry Potter, and "got wet" (since I didn't really swim). Zane and Jimmy played with the basketball in the pool while they talked about life, MBAs and Banking. After that we went to Walmart and got "the stuff" for our next adventure...something I had never done before. For the first time ever I went....SHOOTING! Parents, I am sorry to dissapoint you, I have used a weapon now since the last time you saw me :)

It was hot, loud, and FUN!
































That night Jimmy kindly offered to us discounted tickets to go to the movies, so we went to see HANCOCK. If you ask Zane he will tell you that "it was alright," if you ask me, I will tell you that I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! I thought it was a GREAT show!!
After that we went to the Strip and contemplated the beauty of the Fountains at the Bellagio and walked around. What a full day we had! :)
The next day we had a most pleasant surprise. We asked Jimmy if there was a ward at 9am since his started at 1pm. So off we went to the "9 o'clock ward"...except for it was a small Spanish Branch! Oh we were SO excited! It was the 1st time that we went to a meeting in Spanish together!! We both shared our testimonies and were so impressed by the Spirit and the friendliness of the people. We wanted to stay there forever! We got to talk to many members from Peru, Argentina....and Chile!! A Chilean investigator who was there with his wife from.... El Salvador? We stayed with them for Gospel Principles. We were really grateful for this tender mercy of the Lord :)

3 comments:

Ira and Claudia said...

ADRIANA!!! Estabas en las vegas, no puedo creerlo. Si hubiera sabido nos hubieramos visto. Yo vivo a 20 minutos de Las vegas. En fin, espero que la hayas pasado muy bien. Aprovecho para felicitarte por tu matrimonio. Estan divinos ustedes dos. Bueno Adri cuando queras ver mi blog, es iraandclaudia.blogspot.com Bueno cuidate y contame como va esa vida de casada. Besos y abrazos.

Marie said...

That looks like so much fun! I love it when you can just pull random road trips!

Unknown said...

que entrete que sean aventureros, supongo que despues del viaje a vegas se la durmieron toa.